The Topaz Hybrid / Caravan Concept
The Track Trailer Topaz Hybrid / Caravan was the first of its kind. Its journey starts as far back as 2003 when Track Trailer first built it’s AT Range of off-road caravans. This idea was refined over the subsequent years by listening to customer feedback and testing various internal layouts to find the most practical blend of Caravan / Camper Trailer creating the Hybrid.
The Topaz was officially released in 2008 and it immediately struck a chord with enthusiasts seeking serious off-road capabilities mixed with a little luxury. Its striking 2 two tone colour scheme and bold external skeletal structure has became the benchmark which all other manufacture’s have followed.
Today the Topaz is in its third design phase and boasts a broad array of class leading features in a dependable sheet-metal body built on Track Trailer’s own Military MC2 Suspension.
Why buy a Topaz?
The Topaz Hybrid / Caravan Advantage!
* Content refers to both features and options available on Topaz. Please refer to the models section for specification and options list for accurate inclusions.
Pop the top and you are set up in seconds!
Pull up trackside for lunch and the Topaz’s living space can be accessed without needing to pop the top.
The full height door features a large built-in security screen which complements the opening windows around the bed area.
The kitchen features easy to clean, full height bench tops and plenty of usable storage in the form of slide out drawers, which are built ‘military tough’ to withstand corrugations.
The standard gas cooktop and grill is complemented by a permanently fixed rangehood. The onboard fridge/freezer can be easily accessed while preparing a meal.
Options for diesel cooking, hot water and heating or combination gas/electric are also available. If you prefer to cook outside, the standard Stainless BBQ is extremely handy, or you can opt for a full external kitchen with twin burners, sink and pantry and cutlery storage.
Roll out Awning
Utilising the full length of the Topaz roof this roll out awning quickly and easily winds out to provide instant shade over the door and BBQ area.
The sail option easily extends the coverage of the wind out awning over the front boot and fridge slide. Its material is light and only takes a couple of minutes to set up.
Slide out toilet
The portable toilet is the perfect solution to the night time need for the toilet without wasting space within the van for a full toilet system.
This chemical toilet is internally & externally accessible on a sliding tray so it can be accessed quickly inside the van or emptied at a dump point.
The Topaz Ensuite is now available in two configurations:
All Topaz ensuites are huge space savers and provide you with a private place to access the onboard hot water.
The standard rear tent sets up in 4-5 minutes and provides a private shower space with plenty of room to store the portable toilet for long stays.
The rear ensuite pod is lighting fast and sets up in less than a minute! The ensuite tent is stored within the pod and is easily lowered to create a private space for your shower. It features a built-in floor with mesh sides allowing water to disperse easily. The pod features an integrated LED light, sturdy sheet metal construction and stylish rear LED tail lights.
Class leading design and technology
Topaz Kitchen configurations / Options
All new Topaz Caravan / Hybrids come with several different cooking configurations. We can cater for indoors or outdoors, BBQ, full kitchens, gas or diesel. Below are the explanations of each configuration.
Standard on the Savannah Diesel
- Elegant design
- Improved saftey due to no open flames
- Easy to use by means of control unit with installation adaptability
- Easy to clean
- Low current and fuel consumption
- Quiet operation
- Exhaust venting externally
- Hotplate displays residual heat warning
- High cooking power up to 1,800 Watt
- Robust, high-quality CERAN® cooking surface
Sovereign Bushman gas BBQ with flat plate. Featuring the three in one – BBQ, Stove top & Oven – quality compact cooking solution with a removable BBQ plate for easy cleaning.
Fixed to a Track Trailer slide out tray with folding trays, bottle opener and paper towel, tea towel and rubbish bag holders.
The Classic Kitchen:
This option is taken from the ever popular Tvan and provides the owner with a simple but incredibly flexible outdoor kitchen.
This stainless steel slide out kitchen features:
- Stainless steel workbench with built in windshields
- Located on kerb side for safe roadside access
- Twin burners and BBQ plate
- Extra sturdy ‘slideout’ design – no support legs needed
- 65 litre pantry – accessible from both sides
- Sink, electric water pump and large cutlery drawer
The 2017 Classic Kitchen features the following improvements:
- New carcass design (more aluminium) – weight saved!
- Re designed windshields for better protection
- Sink and cutlery tray redesign to deliver more storage
East / West
North / South Configurations
The North / South Topaz bed layout is designed to be a simple answer to the need for more bed space.
By removing the wardrobe from the layout and re-distributing the storage in pods that run the length of the bed, Track Trailer can now offer a full length queen size bed or two king singles. If you don’t want the storage pods the mattress can even be supplied as a full king size.
Power - Design
Powering the base camp
Specifications vary depending on model and selected options.
- 2x 6 switch panel with integrated fusing for lights, stereo, water pump and fans. All circuits are protected using built in circuit breakers.
- 2x 105a/h deep cycle AGM batteries
- 120W roof mounted solar – with built in regulator
- Battery management system with digital read out
- 25Amp 240V battery charger
- Anderson plug to tow vehicle with fuse
- Individual circuit switching with integrated fuses
- 240V circuit breaker and internal power points x2
- 300W inverter