The Tvan ® Camper Trailer Concept
Since its launch in 2000, the Tvan Camper Trailer quickly became well known for its distinct design and industry leading off-road capabilities. Throughout the years the Tvan has been widely acclaimed by journalists, owners and explorers.
The Tvan® has earned these accolades through continual design improvements and option development; evolving to meet customer expectations.
These achievements include, Camper Trailer of Millennium and Off-Road Camper of the Year in its category 2009, 2011 and 2015.
The MK4 is the latest incarnation of the Tvan.
Like all Track Trailer® products the MK4 Tvan Camper Trailer has been subjected to rigorous prototyping, which has tested new body panels, electrics and kitchen variants.
Thousands of kilometers were travelled to ensure that the MK4 was worthy of the Tvan name.
But the improvements don’t stop there! While maintaining the famous Tvan look, the MK4 has a raft of new features, making this Tvan the best one yet!
Continue reading below to see why Nothing Compares.
“It’s fair to say that this suspension is miles ahead of any vehicle on the road right now”
“The Tvan is a true Aussie camping legend and for good reason — go deep into the outback and it’s Tvans you’ll see”
“What it is, is 100% hard-core off-road camper trailer”
“As good-looking as ever and still one of the best things you’ll ever hitch to your 4WD for serious off-road travel, the Tvan Murranji has been updated and enhanced in its 2015 incarnation to keep pace with the market”
“With a reputation as big as the mountains it climbs, the Tvan does not disappoint with its offroad capability, its ease of set-up and comfortable camping features and, at the end of the day, its incredible resale value.”
Why buy a Tvan?
The Tvan Camper Trailer Advantage!
* Content refers to both features and options available on Tvan. Please refer to specification and options list for accurate inclusions.
Imagine sleeping under a hard roof with no flapping canvas.
Protected from insects and the elements by strong solid walls that provide great insulation from noise, hot sun, cold nights and wind.
When the tent is deployed (doubling your living space) it’s attached to a fold out hard floor, so you’ll be up off the ground, dry and secure.
Most importantly, when it’s time to move on, your bed will remain made up and dry, even after a wet pack-up.
- Genuine queen size mattress
- Fabric lined roof for insulation and comfort
- Large storage area in the cabin and under the bed
- Large tinted windows with option to upgrade to sliding glass
- Double glazed roof hatches with screens and blinds
- 4.8 metres of usable cabin and tent living area
- Easy one person tent set up and pack up
- 108L water tank and optional additional 70L
- Two kitchen options
- Completely customisable to your specification
The 60 second setup!
One of the best features of the Tvan Camper Trailer is its 60 second setup. Because the tent is stowed away in the rear hatch of the van and not on the bed, the you can choose whether or not to setup the full tent.
Accessing the bed is as simple as unlocking four over centre catches, folding down the deck and releasing the gas strut assisted hatch. You might then choose to shut the hatch after yourself and go straight to bed (pad locks can be fitted to prevent the catches from locking) or to install one of the two optional rear door covers.
The rear insect screen option is ideal for tropical weather as it’s manufactured from sand fly proof mesh and allows maximum air flow.
The rear canvas screen option is ideal for all touring conditions with a large entry door (sand fly proof mesh) and full canvas cover to protect you from the wet and cold elements should the weather change.
All options can be fitted at the time of setup and the rear hatch height can be adjusted to protect the rear entry.
The Tvan tent sets up in less than 5 minutes!
The Tvan Camper Trailer is amongst the quickest of the all camper trailers in the market to setup and pack up. We don’t make this claim lightly, but when the correct procedures are followed, our owners can and will be able to easily level the van, lower the tent, attach the floor and mouth to the body of the van and install the internal upright poles.
Just reverse the procedure to store the tent and pack up.
The major benefits of the Tvan tent are:
- No canvas ever packs on to the bed – meaning no dirt or water or dust on the mattress and the bed can always remain made.
- You can choose if you want to set up the full tent or just do the 30 second setup with the rear canvas screen.
- Packing the van is a breeze because you don’t have to partially or fully setup the camper trailer to access gear in or around the cabin area.
Tvan Pack up
The Full Annex – For long stays
The full annexe roof and end wall are standard on Tanami, Canning and Murranji.
This annexe takes approximately 15 minutes to set up and covers the full length of the Tvan.
Sail Awning for quick cover
The every model Tvan Camper Trailer comes standard with the quick erect and highly versatile sail awning.
The sail awning attaches to side of the van and can be set up to protect against the elements or provide shade for quick stops.
Class leading design and technology
Tvan Kitchen configurations
These days all camper trailers feature a slide out kitchen, however, nobody does it quite like Track Trailer. The Mk4 Tvan Camper Trailer features 2 completely new kitchen designs based off 15 years of customer feedback and continual improvement.
The Classic Kitchen:
Standard on the Tvan Yulara, Tanami and Canning.
This stainless steel slide out kitchen features:
- Stainless steel workbench with built in windshields
- Located on kerb side for safe roadside access
- Twin burners and BBQ plate
- Extra sturdy ‘slideout’ design – no support legs needed
- 65 litre pantry – accessible from both sides
- Sink, electric water pump and large cutlery drawer
2016 the Classic Kitchen features the following improvements:
- New carcass design (more aluminium) – weight saved!
- Redesigned windshields for better protection
- Sink and cutlery tray redesign to deliver more storage
- New flick mixer tap to allow for hot water in the kitchen
The Premium Kitchen:
Standard on the Tvan Murranji.
Occupying a 30% larger locker than the Classic Kitchen, the Premium Kitchen for the Tvan MK4 features twice the bench space of its smaller counterpart.
The stainless steel benchtop utilises advanced sheetmetal techniques for a premium feel, including rounded edge. The powder coated, predominantly aluminium body makes access to storage a breeze, incorporating many drawers for the storage of all your kitchen needs.
The Premium Kitchen boasts a Thetford 3 burner (2×1.5KW, 1×2.5KW) glass topped stainless steel cooktop with piezo ignition and matching stainless steel sink with flick style tap, draining board and cutlery drawer located below.
The kitchen utilises a lock in / lock out handle which accommodates single handed operation and slides on Track Trailer’s own design of ball bearing runners. The integrated windshields are deployed by simply raising them into position. We’ve even fitted a bottle opener so you won’t have to go searching for your keys!
ICC- Interior Command Console
The MK4 design provided an opportunity to fully integrate all the electrical options into one neat package. Specifications vary depending on model and selected options.
- Master switch for electrical isolation.
- 6 switch panel with integrated fusing for lights, stereo water pump and fans. All circuits are protected using built in circuit breakers.
- Battery monitor or volt meter.
- 240V outlets with safety switching, a dedicated front 240V plug for customer use and up to 3 internal 240V plugs for built in appliances.
- 2x USB chargers, 1x12V Merit plug and 1x 12v cigarette style socket.
- 7amp solar controller or Redarc DC-DC controller (including solar controller).
- Water tank gauge for 1 or 2 tanks.
- Stereo options including docking station for your MP3 players.
- Projecta 15A or 25A charger.
- Projecta 300W or 150W inverter.
Diesel Heating and Hotwater
Track Trailer has used the proven OEM Webasto Diesel system to provide reliable and efficient heating for the Tvan and hot water for the kitchen and shower.
This popular system is comprised of a glycol heat pump, heat ex-changer (for heating), tank (for hot water), diesel tank and glycol storage unit.
As you can appreciate, a system with all of these components takes up a fair bit of room and often the size of these components encroaches on useful storage space and takes up significantly more space than required. Not with the Tvan!
Unwilling to compromise on valuable space, the Track Trailer team set about redesigning the plumbing, wiring and tanks (glycol and fuel) to repackage the entire combustion elements into 1 jerry can sized unit.
This design eliminates messy wiring or plumbing running the length of the van.
Most competitor products fit the fuel tank behind the front stone guard and the other components wherever they can, leaving long runs of wiring, plumbing etc, meaning more holes and more potential for dust ingress. This is another example why the Tvan is a far superior product.
There are several benefits to designing this system into such a small space:
- It saves on space & weight
- The system can be assembled on a bench rather than fitted after construction, meaning it’s plug and play and tested prior to fitting, but also easier to troubleshoot if a customer has an issue
- It occupies a jerry can carrying position on the Tvan rear of the axle, aiding in better weight management system.
- The units shower output is directly alongside the shower tent
- The tank can be filled at a bowser and easily on the LHS (away from the road).
Front Boot configurations
The Murranji comes standard with the Front Boot featuring two separately sealed compartments, one for generic storage and the other with a dedicated fridge slide and constant 12V power.
The fridge compartment also features filtered air vents This boot accommodates a spare wheel and 2x gas bottles.
There are many additional options available including, a RHS slide out tray, dual venting and power for up to 2 fridges, a fridge slide swap (RHS to LHS) for longer fridges and a optional height LHS shelf.
GREEN – Fridge will fit both trays
AMBER – Fridge will only fit in the large tray
RED – Fridge will not fit
- Total box length is measured from the center divider to the door mounted filter.
- Tray dimensions are measured to the inside of the tray, note that tie downs protrude in each corner so a fridge which is tight in both length and width may need these removed.
- Height is measured from the tray to the low side of the seal.
- All information was correct at the time this was posted – It’s advisable to measure your fridge to be sure.
Drawbar frame configurations
The Yulara, Tanami and Canning are delivered standard with a drawbar frame that has provision for up to 4x jerry cans, 2x gas bottles & 1x spare wheel. It’s also fitted with large metal stone guards to protect the body and a dust cover for the spare and gas bottles.
Options also include a wood carrier and bike racks.